Exciting News About Online Giving!
In an effort to be faithful stewards with what God has entrusted us with, we want to tell you about ShelbyNext Giving (formerly known as SimpleGive), a new service we at Duluth First United Methodist Church are using to help with our calling of being generous believers. Donating/giving your time is not the only way to serve at Duluth First United Methodist Church. There are recurring costs to operating and staffing our ministry/ministries, as well as helping us do work throughout our community and the world. We believe that God calls us to give, and to give generously.
In 2 Corinthians Paul demonstrates the call of stewardship to the Church in support of Macedonian believers.
He says these words:“The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart—not out of regret or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make every grace overflow in you, so that in every way, always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work.” -2 Corinthians 9:6-8. Our hope and prayer is that offering online giving will allow us to accomplish a couple of things.
- Click on General Fund to make a gift to the General Giving Fund
- Click on Building Fund to make a gift to Duluth First UMC’s Building Fund
- Click on Memorial Gift to make a gift to Duluth First UMC in memory of a loved one.
- Click on Long-Term Facilities Maintenance to make a gift to the Long-Term Facilities Maintenance Fund.
- Click on Miscellaneous Gift to make a gift to a specific ministry in the church.
Second, it will help all of us better develop a habit of giving regularly. Online giving is going to help us be better stewards by affording you the opportunity to give on a regular basis. You will be able to set up recurring giving to both the General Giving Fund and the Building Fund. How many of you pay bills online? This is much the same, but it’s not just paying a bill. It’s being obedient to God and fulfilling what He calls us to do.
We love our church. We love our people. We love the Body of Christ that our church represents. And we love the opportunity to be faithful in our tithes and offerings to Him. As Paul reminds us, God loves a cheerful giver.
For more information about the use of credit cards, debit cards, or to get more information about ACH withdrawal, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, by e-mail at email@example.com or call 770-476-3776, ext. 113.
Text Giving Now Available at Duluth First UMC
In today’s digital age, virtually any action can be done on your smartphone, and giving to your church is no different. Giving is the lifeblood of church. Our giving is the sole support of all the ministries of our church. We are excited to announce that there is a new, additional method available to those wishing to make online financial gifts to Duluth First UMC. ShelbyNext Giving (formerly known as SimpleGive), the service we use for making online gifts to our church, is now offering a text-to-give option for making financial gifts. This service lets members give to our church easily and securely with their cell phones. If you are interested in utilizing this new way of making financial gifts to the church, please follow the directions below.
HOW TO SET UP TEXT GIVING:
(Click on TEXT GIVING INSTRUCTIONS if you wish to print out a set of instructions.)
- Text the word GIVE to the church’s text giving number 1-770-343-3608.
- If it’s your first time, you’ll be prompted to click a link directing you to the online giving page to complete a one-time registration.
- Click “SIGN IN” then “REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT” at the bottom of the page.
- Complete contact information then click “REGISTER.”
- Enter the SECURE PIN that the system texts you.
- Select the fund, enter the donation amount, and payment information before completing your gift. Click SAVE PAYMENT to keep your payment information securely saved for future gifts.
HOW TO USE TEXT GIVING:
- To text a donation after the one-time registration, you can give immediately without having to re-enter any of your information.
- Simply text the desired amount and the fund keyword (see below) to the church’s text giving number (1-770-343-3608). Example: text “250 GF” for $250.00 to the General Fund.
OTHER TEXT COMMANDS:
- EDIT – Make changes to your giving account and update contact information and/or update payment information.
- REFUND – Refund your last gift. You must text “REFUND” within 15minutes to refund the gift. If you realize the mistake after 15 minutes, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, at 770-473-3776, ext. 113, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KEYWORD –Keywords are the fund names that the church has set up for text giving. They are: GF – General Fund, BF-Building Fund, MG-Memorial Gift, LTFM-Long Term Facilities Maintenance, Other – all other gifts.
If you have any questions about text-to-give or other giving options available to you, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, by e-mail at email@example.com.