Online Giving at Duluth First UMC
In an effort to be faithful stewards with what God has entrusted us with, we at Duluth First United Methodist Church are using ShelbyNext Giving (formerly known as SimpleGive), an online giving service to help with our calling of being generous believers. Donating/giving your time is not the only way to serve at Duluth First United Methodist Church. There are recurring costs to operating and staffing our ministry/ministries, as well as helping us do work throughout our community and the world. We believe that God calls us to give, and to give generously.
- Click on General Fund to make a gift to the General Giving Fund
- Click on Building Fund to make a gift to Duluth First UMC’s Building Fund
- Click on Memorial Gift to make a gift to Duluth First UMC in memory of a loved one.
- Click on Long-Term Facilities Maintenance to make a gift to the Long-Term Facilities Maintenance Fund.
- Click on Miscellaneous Gift to make a gift to a specific ministry in the church.
Online giving helps all of us better develop a habit of giving regularly, and to be better stewards by affording you the opportunity to give on a regular basis. You will be able to set up recurring giving to both the General Giving Fund and the Building Fund. How many of you pay bills online? This is much the same, but it’s not just paying a bill. It’s being obedient to God and fulfilling what He calls us to do.
We love our church. We love our people. We love the Body of Christ that our church represents. And we love the opportunity to be faithful in our tithes and offerings to Him. As Paul reminds us, God loves a cheerful giver.
For more information about the use of credit cards, debit cards, or to get more information about ACH withdrawal, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-476-3776, ext. 113.
Text Giving Now Available at Duluth First UMC
In today’s digital age, virtually any action can be done on your smartphone, and giving to your church is no different. Giving is the lifeblood of church. Our giving is the sole support of all the ministries of our church. We are excited to announce that there is a new, additional method available to those wishing to make online financial gifts to Duluth First UMC. ShelbyNext Giving (formerly known as SimpleGive), the service we use for making online gifts to our church, is now offering a text-to-give option for making financial gifts. This service lets members give to our church easily and securely with their cell phones. If you are interested in utilizing this new way of making financial gifts to the church, please follow the directions below.
HOW TO SET UP TEXT GIVING:
(Click on TEXT GIVING INSTRUCTIONS if you wish to print out a set of instructions.)
- Text the word GIVE to the church’s text giving number 1-770-343-3608.
- If it’s your first time, you’ll be prompted to click a link directing you to the online giving page to complete a one-time registration.
- Click “SIGN IN” then “REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT” at the bottom of the page.
- Complete contact information then click “REGISTER.”
- Enter the SECURE PIN that the system texts you.
- Select the fund, enter the donation amount, and payment information before completing your gift. Click SAVE PAYMENT to keep your payment information securely saved for future gifts.
HOW TO USE TEXT GIVING:
- To text a donation after the one-time registration, you can give immediately without having to re-enter any of your information.
- Simply text the desired amount and the fund keyword (see below) to the church’s text giving number (1-770-343-3608). Example: text “250 GF” for $250.00 to the General Fund.
OTHER TEXT COMMANDS:
- EDIT – Make changes to your giving account and update contact information and/or update payment information.
- REFUND – Refund your last gift. You must text “REFUND” within 15minutes to refund the gift. If you realize the mistake after 15 minutes, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, at 770-473-3776, ext. 113, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- KEYWORD –Keywords are the fund names that the church has set up for text giving. They are: GF – General Fund, BF-Building Fund, MG-Memorial Gift, LTFM-Long Term Facilities Maintenance, Other – all other gifts.
If you have any questions about text-to-give or other giving options available to you, please contact Jan Jones, Financial Assistant, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stewardship 2021: "Are You Feeding Your Soul?"
That’s an interesting question, isn’t it? Did you know
that your soul, just like your body, needs nourishment and care? We feed
our physical bodies each day with food and drink that provide us with fuel and
keep us strong, but what about our soul? Isn’t it just as important to
keep your soul healthy and strong like your body? You bet! Each day
your soul should be fed and nourished. Each day it needs to be refueled
so that it can face the challenges of this world.
So, how do we do that? What kind of fuel does your soul need, and where do we find it? I’ll bet you already know the answer – the Bible! Matthew 4:4 (NLT) says, “People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Those words remind us that it’s important to feed our bodies and our souls. Reading the Bible every day and studying the scriptures is the best way to feed your soul and to keep it strong and healthy.
Another excellent source of this “soul food” is the
Church! By becoming faithful members of Duluth First United Methodist
Church and participating in its ministries, we are sharing in the love of God,
we are feeding our souls, and we are helping to feed the souls of others, too.
Giving to the Church is one of the many ways we can show our love for the Lord and follow His commandment to love our neighbors. Our tithes and offerings help the Church feed the souls of everyone it touches. In fact, tithing (giving 10% of our income) is part of how we honor and thank God for all the blessings he has bestowed on us. Proverbs 3:9 (NLT) says, “Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.” The best part, not the leftovers. Think about your household budget. Is God the first line, or the last? Does He get a portion of what’s left over after you’ve paid all your other bills, or does He get the first fruits?
As Christians looking for ways to feed our souls and the
souls of our neighbors, we should commit ourselves to grow one step each year
until we reach the tithe. How much of your income did you give to the
church last year? 1-2%? This year, why not try 2-3%? If you
gave 7-8%, why not try 8-9% this year? Why not grow one step? Are
you afraid of giving too much to God? Are you nervous that you won’t have
enough left over for yourself and your family? Don’t be. If you
think about it, it all comes down to faith and trust. God works through
the church. The church needs money to support all the wonderful ministries we
offer. The church needs money to reach out into the community and shine
the light of Christ. The church needs money to fulfill its mission of
welcoming the stranger, healing the broken, and saving the sinner.
Are you feeding your soul? Try growing one step in your giving. When your soul is nourished and strong, you feel the presence of the Holy Spirit inside of you. You start to see the world in a whole new light. You can see God’s handiwork everywhere! You are working toward the goal of honoring God with your tithe. Will you help us spread God’s word and grow His kingdom by growing one step?
Please consider your estimate of giving for 2021. Please click on Stewardship 2021 Estimate of Giving and fill out a simple Estimate of Giving card online. Please click on Grow One Step 2021 to download copies of the Grow One Step charts. You can set up automatic recurrent electronic giving by clicking on Duluth First UMC Online Giving.
In His Service,
Duluth First UMC Stewardship Chair