As we have resumed our in-person worship services on June 28th, we look forward to seeing you and worshipping together! We have returned to our normal worship service times:
- 8:30 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary;
- 11:00 a.m. Contemporary Worship in Hinton Hall;
- 11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary.
In order to protect everyone’s well-being, your observation of guidelines in the following areas is needed. Each of us taking personal responsibility for this will help immensely.
- Masks are required to be worn for all worship services. We will have masks on hand if you forget yours.
- If you do not feel comfortable wearing a mask, for the time being we must insist that you stay at home and do online worship only. We will continue to post videos from the worship services online (YouTube, Facebook, and the church's website).
- If you are not feeling well, please stay at home and do online worship only. Do not come to the church if your temperature is over 99.4.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located inside the entrances.
DISTANCING AND WORSHIP SERVICES
- In the Traditional Worship services, pews will be marked off for social distancing of 6 feet, and bulletins will be placed where you and your family can sit. Families can sit together, but families and individuals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from one another.
- In the Contemporary Worship service, chairs will be spaced out for social distancing.
- All children will worship with their families, including the very young. In keeping with pandemic health guidelines, we will not have a nursery or childcare available for the time being. When it is safe to do so, we will have a nursery.
- Please do your best to observe 6-foot distancing, including no hugging, no handshakes, no holding the door for the person behind you, etc.
- Hymns will be printed in the Traditional Worship bulletins, and the screens will continue to be utilized for Contemporary Worship.
- Instead of passing offering plates, at the entrances we will have buckets/baskets for you to place your offering in when entering or leaving a service.
- The cleanliness of our church’s facilities has always been a high priority and will continue to be so.
- Between the two Traditional Worship services, the Sanctuary will receive an extra cleaning.
The church offices have re-opened with social distancing being observed. Please bring a mask with
you anytime that you come to the church so that you can put it on if needed. Masks
are not mandatory for small groups or individuals coming to the church during the
week, but should be worn whenever social distancing is not possible.
Sunday school classes for all ages will tentatively resume on August 2nd. Please follow social distancing guidelines and wear masks whenever social distancing is not possible.
We will continue
social distancing practices indefinitely, and will not stop until a clear
message that it is safe to do so is received. That way, everyone can feel safe
coming to church.
We know how much you miss each other and long to be together. During these uncertain times, we are certain that loving our neighbor is the way of United Methodists. We give thanks for you and for the ways you are loving your neighbors.
Please check your e-mail and our church website regularly for possible changes to these plans.